Weblogic Server Plugin for Eclipse
Start, stop and manage a WebLogic server. Run and debug applications on a Weblogic server - Removed since release 1.3.1.
Download Weblogic Server Plugin for Eclipse 2.0.0.RC3-1 for EasyEclipse 1.2.2:
This plugin has been removed from release 1.3, because it does not seem to be maintainted anymore.
This plugin extends Eclipse to manage and develop with a WebLogic instance. It includes:
- Starting/Stopping multiple WebLogic Server instances
- Managing the deployments of your J2EE applications through a WebLogic Console-like view
- Debugging J2EE Application with Eclipse's JDT
- Configuring startup arguments for WebLogic Server
Note that to use this plugin, EasyEclipse and WebLogic must run on JVMs with the same versions. For example, running Eclipse with a 1.4.x JVM while you are running WebLogic with a 1.5.x JVM will not work properly. On Windows and MacOS, EasyEclipse runs with the provided JVM (under the 'jre' folder of the installation); to force it to use another JVM, simply rename the 'jre' folder and EasyEclipse will look for another version.
Note that we have not tested this plugin extensively. It may not work properly. Feel free to give feedback in the comments.
There are currently no comments for this plugin. You can add the first one.
This plugin is in the EasyEclipse Server Java distribution.
Help is available for this plugin, in the Help > Help Contents menu in EasyEclipse.
To configure this plugin, you must configure a server in Windows > Preferences > Weblogic as described in the documentation.
Then, to use the server you have defined, open the WebLogic Servers view by selecting Window > Show View > Other... and selecting the WebLogic Servers view at the bottom.
You can also add this view to the list of views by:
- selecting Customize Perspective... from the Window menu
- Expand the Other node on Available Items
- Select Show view in the Submenus drop-down
- Check the WebLogic checkbox at the bottom of the list.
We have not tried to use the debugger.
- Project site
- Release notes: Release notes and documentation
- Weblogic Server Plugin for Eclipse provides support for the BEA WebLogic Server application.
Changes in EasyEclipse 1.3.1:
- Initial release (with Weblogic Server Plugin for Eclipse 2.0.0.RC3).
Credits: Jeremy Whitlock
Copyright Jeremy Whitlock. Copyright BEA Systems Inc.
This plugin is licensed under the BEA Public License 2.1 license.
No comments yet.