Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher
Start, stop, and manage Tomcat and WAR files without leaving Eclipse.
Download Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher 3.2.1 for EasyEclipse 1.2.2:
Download Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher 188.8.131.52-13 for EasyEclipse 1.3:
This plugin lets you manage Apache Tomcat without leaving Eclipse:
- Starting, stopping and restarting Tomcat 5.x, Tomcat 4.x or 3.3
- Registering Tomcat process to Eclipse debugger
- Creating or importing a WAR project (wizard can update server.xml file)
- Adding Java Projects to Tomcat classpath
- Setting Tomcat JVM parameters, classpath and bootclasspath
- Exporting a Tomcat project to a WAR File
- Choosing Tomcat configuration file
- Capability to use a special Tomcat classloader to have classes in several java projects loaded at the same classloader level than classes in a Tomcat project
There are currently 3 comments for this plugin. You can review them and add more here.
This plugin is in the EasyEclipse Server Java distribution.
This plugin does not contain Tomcat: you must download and install it before using this plugin. You can download a recent version from the Apache Tomcat 5 Downloads page.
Before using the plugin, you must set Tomcat home : Window > Preferences, select Tomcat and set the Tomcat version and Tomcat home fields. Then start the Tomcat server by selecting the menu Tomcat > Start Tomcat. You can check in the Console view that the server starts correctly.
To create a new Tomcat project, select New > Project and select Tomcat. After creating a project, you can add JSP files at the root of the project, or Java files in the
WEB-INF/src folder, and immediately run them on the server, without any deployment step: for example, if you create a Tomcat project called
testprojectand you create a file
index.jspin it, then you can see you file by opening
http://localhost:8080/testproject/index.jsp(if your server runs on port 8080).
Note: This plugin launches Tomcat using the default JRE (Java Runtime) checked in Eclipse preferences (in Window > Preferences > Java > Installed JREs). This JRE must be a JDK (this is a Tomcat prerequisite): on Windows and Linux, you should use an EasyEclipse distribution that includes the Java JDK for Windows or Linux, rather than the Windows or Linux JRE.
- Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher home
- Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher provides support for the Apache Tomcat application.
Changes in EasyEclipse 1.3.1:
- Upgraded to Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher 184.108.40.206.13.
- Upgraded to Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher 3.2.1.
- Upgraded to Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher 3.2.0.beta.
- Initial release (with Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher 3.1).
Credits: B Leroux, Sysdeo
Copyright (c) Sysdeo SA - 2002-2006
This plugin is licensed under a BSD/MIT/Apache-style license.