Create, test and deploy Ruby on Rails applications.
Download RadRails 0.8.0.200707021211 for EasyEclipse 1.2.2:
Aptana RadRails is an integrated development environment for the Ruby on Rails framework
There are currently 4 comments for this plugin. You can review them and add more here.
To use this plugin, you need Ruby on Rails.
Help is available for this plugin, in the Help > Help Contents menu in EasyEclipse.
However, the help is not completely up-to-date: Menu locations have changed, and some functionality is not documented.
To start using RadRails, you must install Ruby, Ruby On Rails, MySQL and a web server such as Apache. Rather than installing each component, you can install prepacked assemblies. We suggest:
- On Windows: Instant Rails: just download, unzip (at the root of your drive to keep the path small) and execute
InstantRails.exeto configure the installation,
- On MacOS: Locomotive: just download, and drop the file in your
- On Linux: You must install MySQL, Ruby (usually included), Gems (Ruby's package manager) and Ruby On Rails. Best is to use your usual package manager (Suggestions for an all-in-one installation are welcome).
You must then configure the Ruby Development Tools (RDT) plugin, and the RadRails plugin:
- Select Windows > Preferences then Ruby > Installed Interpreter. RDT may have found a Ruby interpreter, but it may not be the one that come with Locomotive or Instant Rails; you probably need to add the correct one. Click Add. In the
RubyVM home directoryfield, enter the location path to the Ruby intepreter:
/Applications/Locomotive2/Bundles/standardRailsMar2007.locobundle/i386for Locomotive on an Intel Mac, or
C:\InstantRails\rubyon Windows. Give a Display name, and save by choosing OK. Make sure that the new configuration is selected as default.
- Still in the Windows > Preferences dialog, select Rails > Configuration. Enter the path to the
C:\InstantRails\ruby\bin\rakeon for Instant Rails, and
/Applications/Locomotive2/Bundles/standardRailsMar2007.locobundle/i386/bin/rakefor Locomotive. Save the configuration information by choosing OK.
Changes in EasyEclipse 220.127.116.11:
- Upgraded to RadRails 0.8.0.200707021211.
- Upgraded to RadRails 0.7.2.
- Upgraded to RadRails 0.8.0.
- Upgraded to RadRails 0.7.1.
- Upgraded to RadRails 0.6.4.
- Upgraded to RadRails 0.6.3.
- Initial release (with RadRails 0.6.1).
Credits: Kyle Shank, Marc Baumbach, Matt Kent
(c)2007 Marc Baumbach, Matt Kent, Kyle Shank, Christopher Williams, Aptana, Inc.
This plugin is licensed under the Common Public License 1.0 license.