Access, manage and query SQL relational database and servers access using standard JDBC drivers.
Download QuantumDB 3.0.6 for EasyEclipse 1.2.2:
Download QuantumDB 3.0.7 for EasyEclipse 1.3:
QuantumDB is a simple but powerful database access plugin for Eclipse. QuantumDB allows you to:
- Connect to databases using standard JDBC drivers,
- Review schemas, tables, views and sequences,
- Look up column, index and foreign key information,
- Issue ad-hoc queries or other SQL statements against the database,
- Manage, edit, and work with SQL files (*.sql),
- Issue updates, deletes, and inserts using simple, easy-to-use wizards.
There are currently 4 comments for this plugin. You can review them and add more here.
Help is available for this plugin, in the Help > Help Contents menu in EasyEclipse.
QuantumDB must be used in conjunction with a RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, HSQLDB. You need to be have network access to the RDBMS, and have the needed JDBC driver (Java JAR file).
To start with QuantumDB, you should open a few views used for data manipulation (using Window > Show view > Others...):
- The Database Bookmarks view let you define connections and connect to databases, using the New Bookmark... button on the upper right. Defining a new bookmark is straighforward, and connecting is done by right-clicking on the bookmark and selecting Connect.
- The Quantum SQL Queries View is a SQL scratchpad: write your SQL statements in this view, and execute them by pushing the "Execute" button
- Results of SELECT statements appear in the Quantum Table View.
- QuantumDB alson includes a BeanShell view, a scratchpad to write and execute BeanShell scripts
Changes in EasyEclipse 1.3.1:
- Upgraded to QuantumDB 3.0.7.
- Upgraded to QuantumDB 3.0.5.
- Upgraded to QuantumDB 3.0.6.
- Upgraded to QuantumDB 3.0.2.
- Upgraded to QuantumDB 3.0.3.
- Changed composition: Added missing dependency on Eclipse tools.
- Initial release (with QuantumDB 3.0.1).
Credits: Julen Parra
Copyright (c) 2000-2006 Quantum DB developers. All rights reserved.
This plugin is licensed under the Common Public License 1.0 license.
The files dbunit-2.1.jar and dbunit-2.1-src.zip are under the LGPL (Lesser General Public License). The text of that license is to be found in the file LGPL.txt, in this distribution. The source of the dbunit library is in the file dbunit-2.1-src.zip . More info about the dbunit library is in http://sourceforge.net/projects/dbunit