Launch the Jetty web server and servlet engine to run and debug you application.
Download Jetty Launcher 1.4.1 for EasyEclipse 1.2.2:
Jetty launcher is a simple to launcher to integrate Jetty - a web server and servlet engine - in Eclipse. Use it to run and debug your Java web applications.
There are currently 2 comments for this plugin. You can review them and add more here.
The dependent plugin Eclipse Java Development Tools must be present in the EasyEclipse distribution you use, or must be installed separately.
Help is available for this plugin, in the Help > Help Contents menu in EasyEclipse.
To use Jetty Launcher, you must have installed the Jetty server. The plugin does not work with Jetty 6.0, so you must download the latest version of Jetty 5.1, and unzip it. You can find the link to the download below.
You can then use Jetty Launcher to start and deploy applications to Jetty:
- Create a Java project that represents a Web Application (minimally include an HTML or JSP file at the root, and possibly including WEB-INF, web.xml, and needed libraries).
- Use the Run As > Run... menu on the project, to create a new Jetty Web launch configuration. Set the Jetty home to the folder where you have unzipped Jetty, and hit Run.
- The application is now accessible on http://localhost:8080.
- To stop the server, hit the Terminate button in the Console view.
- Jetty Launcher home
- Project site
- Jetty Launcher provides support for the Jetty application.
- Download Jetty 5.1
Changes in EasyEclipse 1.2.0:
- Initial release (with Jetty Launcher 1.4.1).
Credits: Intelligent Works Inc.
Copyright (c) 2003, Intelligent Works Incoporated. All Rights Reserved
This plugin is licensed under the Mozilla Public License 1.1 license.
The Original Code is "Jetty Launcher". The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Intelligent Works Incorporated. Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2003 the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved.