Develop, test and deploy Java Mobile (J2ME) mobile applications.
Download EclipseME 1.6.8 for EasyEclipse 1.2.2:
Download EclipseME 1.7.7 for EasyEclipse 1.3:
Provides help to develop JavaME/J2ME applications. With the help of a J2ME Wireless Toolkit, users may develop and debug MIDP midlets within Eclipse.
There is currently one comment for this plugin. You can review it and add more here.
This plugin is in the EasyEclipse Mobile Java distribution.
To use this plugin, you need J2ME Wireless toolkit.
This plugin does not run on MacOS.
Help is available for this plugin, in the Help > Help Contents menu in EasyEclipse.
To start with EclipseME, you must install a Wireless Toolkit, for example the Sun Java Wireless Toolkit. When installing it, you can point it to the JDK that is installed in EasyEclipse (under jre). You must then configure EasyEclipse to use this Wireless Toolkit: Select the Window > Preferences > J2ME > Device Management panel. Click Browse and select the installation of your Wireless Toolkit (
C:\WTK2.5.2 for example). Click Refresh: the list is populated with the available device profiles. Click OK.
You are now ready to create a new project: File > New..., J2ME > J2ME Midlet Suite , and then add a midlet to it: File > New..., J2ME > J2ME Midlet. You can then run, or debug, your midlet by right-clicking on the Java file, and select Run As > J2ME Midlet , or Debug As > J2ME Midlet , respectively.
Note: If you install the EclipseME plugin not as part of the EasyEclipse Mobile Java, you may have to perform a manual installation step. See the EclipseME documentation page. This step is not needed if you install the EasyEclipse Mobile Java distribution.
- EclipseME home
- XML news feed
- Documentation: Important migration documentation from EclipseMe 1.2.
- EclipseME provides support for the J2ME framework.
- EclipseME provides support for the Proguard obfuscator and bytecode optimizer library.
Changes in EasyEclipse 1.3.1:
- Upgraded to EclipseME 1.7.7.
- Upgraded to EclipseME 1.6.8.
- Upgraded to EclipseME 1.5.5.
- Upgraded to EclipseME 1.5.4: This version adds support for WTK 2.5, mPowerPlayer and fixes many bugs.
- Upgraded to EclipseME 1.5.0: This version brings default support for MIDP 2.0 and a new improved device management. Visit the link "Important migration documentation from EclipseMe 1.2.3" if you were using this previous version.
- Initial release (with EclipseME 1.2.3).
Credits: Craig Setera
Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Craig Setera. All Rights Reserved. EclipseME preverifier requires ObjectWeb ASM. Copyright (c)2000-2005 INRIA, France Telecom. All rights reserved.
This plugin is licensed under the Eclipse Public License 1.0 license.