Eclipse Database tools
Access, manage and query SQL relational databases and servers - Removed since release 1.3.0.
Download Eclipse Database tools 1.5.4 for EasyEclipse 1.2.2:
This plugin is not released anymore in EasyEclipse 1.3. It is replaced by the Eclipse Data Tools plugin.
This subset of the Eclipse web tools provides advanced support for managing connections to database and database servers, edit and execute SQL queries, browse database tables. It is more powerfull than QuantumDB, but not as mature.
There are currently 3 comments for this plugin. You can review them and add more here.
If you install this plugin on another EasyEclipse distribution, the dependent plugins Eclipse Web tools editors and Eclipse Java Development Tools must be present in the EasyEclipse distribution, or must be installed separately.
Help is available for this plugin, in the Help > Help Contents menu in EasyEclipse.
The Eclipse Database tools must be used in conjunction with a RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, Sybase, HSQLDB. You need to be have network access to the RDBMS, and have the needed JDBC driver (Java JAR file).
To start using the Eclipse Database tools, you must then:
- Open the "Database Explorer" view by selecting the menu "Window > Views > Others..." and choosing "Data > Database Explorer".
- You can then create new connection and connect by right-clicking on the "Connections" tree item, and select the "New Connection..." menu.
- Once connected, you can right-click on the connection and select "Open SQL Scrapbook". This will let you create a new file (in an existing project) where you can write and run SQL statements
- You can also explore the different right-clicks on the tree items of your connection, that let you execute different operations on your database
Changes in EasyEclipse 1.3.0:
- Upgraded to Eclipse Database tools 1.5.4.
- Upgraded to Eclipse Database tools 1.5.2.
- Upgraded to Eclipse Database tools 1.5.0.
- Changed composition: Removed plugins already contained in the Eclipse Web tools Editors.
- Upgraded to Eclipse Database tools 1.0.2.
- Initial release (with Eclipse Database tools 1.0.1).
Credits: Eclipse Foundation
Copyright (c) Eclipse contributors and others. 2000-2007. All rights reserved.
This plugin is licensed under the Eclipse Public License 1.0 license.