Eclipse Visual Editor
Build visual user interfaces for Swing, SWT and Eclipse RCP applications with a graphical editor.
Download Eclipse Visual Editor 1.2.3.jem for EasyEclipse 1.2.2:
Download Eclipse Visual Editor 184.108.40.206709121813 for EasyEclipse 1.3:
The Eclipse Visual Editor is a WYSIWYG tool for creating Swing (Sun's graphical user interface for Java) or SWT (Eclipse's user interface) user interfaces. It also contains a framework for creating tools to create Graphical User Interface for Java programs (GUI builder).
Note: This plugin is not maintained anymore by the Eclipse foundation. The build here was created by Erik Hecht.
There are currently 15 comments for this plugin. You can review them and add more here.
Help is available for this plugin, in the Help > Help Contents menu in EasyEclipse.
The very extensive help does not have any tutorial, but the plugin comes with a variety of examples, that you can access using the New > Examples... menu: you can then choose among AWT, Swing and SWT sample dialogs.
- Eclipse Visual Editor home
- Project FAQ
- Tutorial: Older, but mostly valid, tutorial from IBM for Swing
Changes in EasyEclipse 1.3.1:
- Upgraded to Eclipse Visual Editor 220.127.116.11709121813.
- Upgraded to new version: thanks to Erik Hecht for the patch.
- Upgraded to Eclipse Visual Editor 1.2.3.jem.
- Upgraded to Eclipse Visual Editor 1.2.1.
- Upgraded to Eclipse Visual Editor 1.2.0: Now with support for Swing on Mac, and many other improvments.
- Initial release (with Eclipse Visual Editor 18.104.22.168).
Credits: Eclipse Foundation, Erik Hecht
Copyright (c) Eclipse contributors and others. 2000-2007. All rights reserved.
This plugin is licensed under the Eclipse Public License 1.0 license.