Edit with syntax highlighting over 100+ file formats.
Download Color Editor 1.2.6 for EasyEclipse 1.2.2:
Download Color Editor 220.127.116.11-13 for EasyEclipse 1.3:
Color Editor is a syntax color highlighting editor for Eclipse. Color Editor uses JEdit's syntax highlighting mode files to support over 100 file formats. This version has been patched to use the latest JEdit edit modes and supports new and updated file formats.
There are currently 4 comments for this plugin. You can review them and add more here.
This plugin is in all EasyEclipse distributions. You likely do not need to download and install it separately, unless you try to install it on an non-EasyEclipse distribution, which is not really supported.
Once installed, the Color Editor becomes the default editor for all supported file types. You can control it by selecting a file in Package Explorer view, or in the Navigator view, right-click on it and select Open With.
Colors can be selected in the Coloring Editor > Colors preference section, in the Windows > Preferences. It is also possible to define how tabs are handled.
File associations (selecting which editor opens each file type) can be controled in the General > Editors > File Associations preference section.
Changes in EasyEclipse 1.3.1:
- Upgraded to Color Editor 18.104.22.168.
- Upgraded to Color Editor 1.2.6.
- Upgraded to Color Editor 1.2.4.
- Upgraded to Color Editor 1.2.2: This new version provide support for Eclipse 3.2.x, includes the patches we suggested (thanks Chris!), and adds support for over 140+ file types.
- Patched: Removed circular dependency introduced in the plugin manifest by superfluous package exports.
- Patched: This editor no longer contributes by default to edit Java, XML and HTML files.
- Patched: Added the latest JEdit modes from JEdit 4.2.
Credits: Chris Grindstaff
Copyright (c) 2002, Chris Grindstaff. JEdit edit modes are copryright from each of their authors.
This plugin is licensed under a BSD/MIT/Apache-style license.